Saturday, October 24, 2015

Santa Monica, California


"Where is home ?"
"Where do you come from ?"

When I'm on the road, I often got questions like where is home or where do I come from. Obviously it's easy to answer I was born and raised in Jakarta, Indonesia - but I've been really fortunate to visit many places in the world that I realized a home is not only a place where you sleep, but a place where you stand, where the heart is. One of my favorite things about travel definitely I get to pretend a lot as if I'm a local or a part of the place I visit...with a mission only to find my new home away from home. I love to wander around for hours, trying to immerse myself with the city vibe and grasp the inspiration, admiring the unique doors and windows - daydreaming maybe one day I'd pack my stuff and move there... you know, like apartment shopping. 

When I did a road trip on the West Coast USA couple of months ago, I found every cities in California just completely different. I love San Francisco and San Diego but when I arrived in Santa Monica - call me crazy, but seriously I wound't mind at all to live there. With so many entertainment companies, endless opportunities, the Santa Monica boulevard including the shops and restaurants ( good tacos ), the beach... This city simply has everything I ever dream about good life and dream job. A dinner with a good friend of mine that I met for the first time in Ho Chi Minh City about 4 years ago made me a little jealous but mostly proud of her achievement working as a casting director for one of the biggest entertainment companies in the world. A week staying in Santa Monica and quick visit to Venice Beach were a great experience, hated to leave but excited to continue the journey visiting more places, once again... to find my new home away from home. While my best friends, families, Indonesian food and other things in my life meant to be my home, but I decided to keep on going, keep putting one foot in front of the other and as usual in love with cities I've never been to and people I've never met.

Thinking of : pink












Venice Beach, California






No comments:

Post a Comment