Friday, November 6, 2015

Tulum and Playa Del Carmen, Mexico

When I think of Mexico, I think of tequila, tacos, mariachi band, Cenotes cavern and cave diving and Mayan ruins. I don't dive so my mission traveling to Cancun a couple of months ago was all about food : guacamole day and night, catching up with Syera in Club Med Cancun, drinks at 5th Avenue and day trips to Isla Mujerez, Cozumel and Tulum where I had sooo much fun exploring the islands and fell in love with Mexican blue skies and culture. From driving the buggy car to wearing sombrero and stuffing myself with seafood tacos, from crazy-sign on Club Med's dance floor to photo shooting at Cozumel like supermodels...oh boy, it was a week well-spent celebrating love and life with my beloved ones.  

How to get to Playa Del Carmen from Cancun Airport :
Once you passed thru the baggage carrousel and customs, you will find the bus company stands 'ADO'. It costs you 10 USD/one way from the airport to downtown Playa Del Carmen located at 5th Avenue ( 30 - 45 min drive )

How to get to Tulum from Playa Del Carmen :
The easiest way : from Playa Del Carmen bus station, take ADO bus to Tulum ( 4 USD/one way ) Schedule : Playa Del Carmen - Tulum 

Where to stay in Playa Del Carmen :
We rent an apartment at El Eijido area for $400 per month ( 10 minutes drive from 5th Ave ) but if you're thinking to stay nearby 5th Avenue, they have maaaany accommodations from hostels, guest houses, to of course hotels at different price ranges. Expect the area is really crowded by both tourist and local people, but it's walking distance to the port if you want to go to Cozumel.  

Where to eat ? 
We love the street food where you can find  real good tacos, burritos, all kinds of Mexican food you name it. $1 for a huge burrito.


























I remember the night before I turned 26 last June I told myself I wanted to see my travel pictures on the magazines. I used to write a lot when I was in high school and being incredibly lucky to travel, I feel like I want to write more, write better so I can contribute something useful to my readers. Perhaps through my photos and stories people would dream and find ways to travel, just like I was once a girl who spent hours admiring photography - did not know how to get there but sometimes you just have to believe. Keep putting one foot in front of the other... 

So after 4 months writing and editing, contacted more than 20 editors, been through a lot of rejections - I'm so happy that my articles made it to Go Girl Magazines ID, Grazia ID, Nylon Singapore and Female Magz ID, also travel websites like TheHoneyCombers.com and Trip101.com. As much as I love exploring places and creating stories through photography, but there's nothing like seeing my pictures printed on magazines and my friends would call me only to say they got the copies and look forward to seeing what's next for Gyscha. To be honest, I'm not sure yet, it's been a wonderful journey full of surprises. I want to go further, get involved on exciting projects, make dreams come true and meet more interesting people. Never ending wishlists. 

Accept what is, let go of what was, and have faith in your journey.


No comments:

Post a Comment