Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Un Latte Macchiato, S'il Vous Plaît


By Guest Writer Retno Hadiningdiah


   

    Guest Writer Retno Hadiningdiah is an Indonesian born world citizen and pretty things enthusiast. She judges a book by the cover and makes daydreaming a part time profession.  Currently working full time, she is often torn between being a dedicated slave to the job that she loves or to pack her suitcase and leave on the first flight the next day. Judge her as you will, but one thing she asks is to never question her every time she weeps to the death of Mufasa.


"Un Latte Macchiato, S'il Vous Plaît"



    The title drew inspiration from a friend of mine who kept mixing Italian and French as we traveled around Italy. It was my first time to Europe and I couldn't describe just how excited I was – the butterflies in my stomach seemed to be just as excited. We were going to spend christmas in Rome and I couldn't think of a better place to be for christmas. As a preparation, I had watched To Rome with Love and rewatched Before Sunset. Appropriate I would say.


     Coming up next week is my journal of 2 weeks of waking up on the bed I claimed to be mine in the land of my utopian dream. Next week, because real life has its demands.









































































No comments:

Post a Comment