Thursday, May 21, 2015

Postcards from Playa del Carmen, Mexico









Canon G16 apparently makes traveling more fun. For the past few years I took photos a lot using smart phone and my pocket camera, I thought it was very easy and convenient...you just have to snap, edit and upload but as I visited more places I fell in love with photography and somehow curious how to take photos like what those guys did at NatGeo magazines, focus at the back or front, perfect angle and brightness, etc. Nowadays Instagram is a great apps to stalk on talented photographers, I can literally spend hours just starring at beautiful photos from some of my favorite photographers and bloggers, like Jamie beck from AnnStreetStudio.com , Mario Testino, Patrick Demarchelier, Russel James, Mario Sorrenti, I truly admire them for every little details and ideas you can find on their amazing works. Then as I learn and explore photography deeper, little did I know they have changed the way I travel. Instead of rushing from one place to another, I like to take my time exploring a new place and train my eyes to find the unique details, capture everything that will remind me about that place and make short video too. It's fun to be a visual story teller. Canon G16 is my first proper camera I got last December, I absolutely love the size and it looks chic. I was thinking about to get one of the DSLR cameras but I realized it's very important for me to travel light, after doing a lot of research about camera I've finally found Canon G16  actually does an excellent job too like DSLR cameras - especially for a beginner like me,  the camera is super easy to use. Oh well, still learning and exploring, here's some photos I took from my previous trip in Playa Del Carmen, Mexico Iast January. 5th Avenue in Playa is a great place to stay, eat, shop, party, people-watching - basically you can find everything you need from the beach, cafe, good tacos, souvenirs for family at home, coffee shops, hotels, ferry terminal to Cozumel, even Adeo bus terminal that will take you to other cities or Cancun airport. While some people prefer to stay in Cancun or Tulum because it's quiet, I personally like the location of 5th Avenue Playa Del Carmen - yes it can be super crowded, but nothing can go wrong as long as I can have my favorite guacamole and tequila. In the next few days I'll post more about Tulum, cenotes, Playa del Carmen and Isla Mujerez. 





Also read Cozumel, Mexico

No comments:

Post a Comment