Saturday, July 15, 2017

Antelope Canyon

Recently I found myself back in Nevada with my best friend on a mission to visit Antelope Canyon ( after a night out in Las Vegas dancing to Calvin Harris and Backstreet Boys ). Once again life never ceases to amaze me, what started out as imagination, wish lists, those "I want to..." eventually came true at the right time with the right people. Antelope Canyon has been on top of my list for quite a while, I thought I would do it sometime next year since my original plan this summer was visiting Dublin. So I cancelled Dublin, booked my last minute flight ticket to California - including a day tour to Antelope Canyon and Horseshoe Bend with GC Tours ( $149/person ). They pick you up early morning in your hotel in Vegas then take you to Horseshoe Bend, Lake Powell and Lower Antelope Canyon. Unfortunately that day was really hot ( honestly the hottest place I've ever visited, 48'C ?) so Lower Antelope Canyon was closed but our tour guide did above and beyond to get us into the Canyon, so we headed to the Upper Antelope Canyon. I have to admit I had no idea what to expect, of course we all knew it was going to be a beautiful destination, but I don't think I was prepared for just how stunning it is. Make it so worth the 8 hours drive, the heat - well people said difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations.  


















1 comment: