Friday, December 29, 2017

Kathmandu

Happy New Year 2018 my loves! I'm leaving in just few more hours for a little vacation. I thought after going through such a big year and the past few weeks have been extremely crazy, fun, challenging - I just wanted to spend the last days of 2017 on the beach, delete my social media apps for a while, read books, dance to my favorite songs under clear blue sky and sun, fall asleep while counting the stars and my blessings! Talking about closing 2017 with a bang!

2017 has been a magical year to me. I still remember this time last year I was in Myanmar with a mission to see the first sunrise from hot air balloon over Bagan. Checked. Then I went to Cuba, London, and my hometown Jakarta with my team working on special projects, something I never thought I'd experience in my life honestly...collaborating with some of big names in music industry,  working and learning every single day with bunch of inspiring, creative, beautiful souls. I even had a great birthday trip in Los Angeles, reunited with my Brooke and we took a road trip to Las Vegas, Antelope Canyon, lazy weekend in Santa Barbara. I mean, seriously what kind of life is this? One random afternoon I could just daydreaming about going to see Backstreet Boys concert in Vegas, then boom there I was last June singing along to I Want it That Way out loud with Nick Carter was just few steps in front of me. 
A year of growth... A year of dreams come true...
The other day I spoke to my girl and we both agreed this year might not be the easiest but all the ups and downs taught us to be stronger, to love ourselves better, put ourselves first, and just celebrate life... 
I couldn't even count how many of my dreams came true this year. While getting better ( stronger and sexier ) at pole dancing has been one of the highlights of my year, I am grateful I've visited a lot of new places, including Nepal definitely left a special mark on my heart. 

After dreaming about Nepal for years, I finally made it to this country last October for 10 days. A completely unique and humbling experience. I spent about 4 days in Pokhara and the rest exploring Kathmandu. While Pokhara has everything a traveler can wish for; from a laid-back atmosphere, spectacular scenery, to great outdoor activities and many more, Kathmandu offers the opposite side. But no matter how busy and crowded Kathmandu can be, I find the beauty of Nepal is in its people. The Nepalese people are so humble, polite and kind. Also every places you visit, like Boudhanath, Pashupatinath Temple, Patan, Tamel, or Durbar Square totally give you different kind of unique experiences... something I've never experienced before but truly warms my heart. I will always remember my first experience watching the cremations at Pashupatinath Temple, the moment you realize life and death closer to each other. Be grateful, be patient, enjoy the little things, you only live once anyway, so make sure to live boldly.  

Shout out to my Chuck and Siwon for having me at their beautiful Salon de Kathmandu, if you guys always wanted to visit Nepal too just be sure to write it down on your list now and stay at Maison de Kathmandu for couple of days before heading to Pokhara. I could continue writing but my flight's departing soon so I guess I'm just going to share some of my favorite pictures I took in Kathmandu.
I hope this year has been a magical year for you. Looking forward to a bigger, better 2018.

































No comments:

Post a Comment