Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Hallstatt, Austria

Merry Christmas everyone!

May this festive season sparkle and shine, may your holidays be filled with laughter, love and joy.

On this very special day I would love to share with you some postcards from magical Hallstatt, Austria. Located about 4 hours from Vienna, I was incredibly lucky and blessed to spend couple of days off in Hallstatt. I arrived late afternoon with a huge smile on my face. I remember I put both of my hands on my chest because I couldn’t handle the excitement and it’s always nice to feel your heart beat when you get to see your dreams come true.

For the longest time I always have these images of Hallstatt covered in snow in my mind. This little village reminds me of fairytale, winter wonderland or Disney movies you watch on TV. Snow-covered hills, fresh powder, fresh air, the smell of hot chocolate and warm croissant, old hotel room with hardwood floors and tiny balcony with a view. Except no Elsa or Anna from Frozen, no little red riding hood, not even four English siblings going to a magical world called Narnia…this time, just a girl with a dream and camera in her hand. Nothing beats the morning walk up to the hill. The loudest sound you can hear is your heart beat, your breath, your footsteps and nature.

Here in Hallstatt I was able to breathe, to listen to myself, to find my creative light again; what I want to create next, where I want to go next. I certainly want to create bigger, through music, videos, images, people. I want to see as much on this tiny planet as I can in this life time, but I also want to encourage and inspire people to travel, to get out there, to celebrate and fall in love with life, to feel alive. They say don’t settle for nice, for pleasant, for familiar. Keep looking until you find something that really moves you, that resonates with your core. For people, for interests, for hobbies, for your possessions, clothes, music, books, art. Everything. Curate every aspect of your life, as much as you can. It’s in the things that deeply inspire us that we find ourselves. I’m endlessly curating myself. A work in progress.

This December has been incredibly special and unreal as I got to visit not only some of the prettiest towns and Christmas markets but also my favorite people around Europe and USA. I am grateful for the incredible experiences I’ve had, the places my camera has taken me, and the eyes through which I’ve been able to see the world.

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and holidays with your loved ones :)























 



No comments:

Post a Comment