Friday, May 15, 2020

Budapest, Hungary




Sometimes I think back to the days where I used to find myself in places I could never have imagined, after boarding a one-way flight to the other side of the world. I traveled solo and I made friends of strangers. I wandered cities, alleyways, markets, and maps. I fell into a habit of collecting memories. Looking at these pictures I took in Budapest, Hungary exactly a year ago - it never fails to amaze me what a year can do. In the last 12 months, I’ve experienced a lot of things from visiting new places, writing and editing my manuscripts, to letting go someone who once meant the world to me. Losing something or someone is definitely not easy but for everything you’ve lost, you’ve gained something else. I landed a couple of huge opportunities, met new people, still creating and learning to love myself better. To let go and to stop stressing things I can not control. To surrender more, to be gentle with myself, and take it one day at a time. Acceptance is the answer and it’s OK if all you did today was survive. 

Obviously I never thought we’d deal with the current situation. Just like many of you, I used to run free and then suddenly I had to stop traveling. I couldn’t even practice pole dance or walk along the beach to catch the sunset anymore. A freedom and the simplest things in life that sometimes we take for granted. The bad news is, we don’t know when this is all going to be over, but the good news is nothing lasts forever. It’s a strange time for everyone, but we’re all in this together and sooner or later we’ll eventually see the lights at the end of the tunnel.









No comments:

Post a Comment