Tuesday, July 28, 2020

Keep Creating Even in the Waiting


On the day I received five rejection letters from publishers ( ohhh one of those days… ) I sat down holding my phone and asked myself “Okay, what should I do now? “ I honestly feel like I have tried everything I could. I show up every day, go above and beyond, push myself to do all the hard and scary things…now what? That day I just wanted to give up. I’ve been working on my dreams for so long and for the last few months I still haven’t seen any changes. It’s frustrating. It almost feels like as if my life is at a standstill. Then I decided to send my favorite author a short message. I asked him the same question, what should I do? Sometimes you just need extra support to keep going. Within minutes he replied, shape your world and the opportunities will come. I remember I took a deep breath, watched two episodes of The Last Dance on Netflix, then went back to my computer. That evening I decided to keep going. To keep creating, even in the waiting. Yes, I can’t control the way publishers would respond or look at my work, but I know I can always choose joy. I can always create, learn something new, do what makes my soul shine. I can always write again, paint, record a new podcast episode, update my blog, even reach out to some creative people that I always dream to work with. I can always begin again, shape my world and the opportunities will come.

The truth is nobody likes waiting. Dealing with uncertainty, rejection, and failure isn’t easy but even though in the midst of uncertainty i know I can always do something. Make a little change, take a tiny step, or rest. As much as I’d love to see my book getting published and hopefully my journey can inspire someone out there, it’s the act of showing up, stay consistent, enjoy the process…that’s truly important. I knew this project would work out because I pour all my heart in it. And just like any other passion projects or work that I’ve done in the past, when you create with love, honesty, and good intentions…the universe will support you and show you the way. All the struggles, sacrifices, heartbreak, sleepless nights will pay off.

For now, just embrace changes and be patient. Slow down. Appreciate the little things in life; when you write few hundred words, then few pages. When you paint, dance, read a good book or watch a good movie and find little inspiration. When you have a discussion with your friends or see them succeed. When you look at the clear blue skies and for a moment everything feels right. When your head hit the pillow at night and you know you have survived another day. You have come so far. When you take a deep breath, and your heart is full of love and gratitude for the perfect health and all your loved ones are doing fine. It’s just magical how doing simple things that you love can make you feel a lot better. Give you extra strength and patience to keep going. That you are enough and you can get through this. Always remember that things happen for a reason and this delay also serves a purpose. You don’t have to rush for everything has its own timing. Meanwhile, just keep creating…no matter how small, just for the sake of joy.

Meanwhile, I’d like to share with you my latest project…( not so brand new ) podcast Flirty and Fabulous. I created this podcast last August 2019 simply because I miss doing a radio show and I thought well…why not start my own podcast? I just turned 30 at the time and I love the idea when they say life begins at 30 so I decided to call my own show 30 Flirty & Fabulous. I wanted to create a show as a celebration of life, hope, and dreams. A friendly reminder that it’s never too late to reinvent yourself and chase your dreams. I am still learning, still exploring but I hope you enjoy my little work as much as I do. Flirty and Fabulous now available on Spotify, Apple, and Google podcasts but of course you can always click here to listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment