Thursday, September 20, 2012

Cherating Beach, Malaysia

Just another easy day at work, which means no meetings line up,  the boss are on business trip, while all Jakartans out there were busy with the gubernatorial election this morning, well I’m not going to blog about the election obviously, been talking to a friend about our travel project and editing some pictures from my previous trip and a year working in Malaysia, thought it’d be nice to share at my blog what I love most about that country. In the end, I hope my post can help if one or two or three of you guys are planning to do Malaysia next. Also visit Collecting Memories : Club Med Cherating Beach and Upside Down Surprise
    
One thing for sure, trip to Malaysia is more than just about exploring Kuala Lumpur and checking out the Petronas twin tower. Oh yes I love the food, laksa and nasi lemak are amazing, but make sure to stop by and spend couple of days at Langkawi island and Redang Island, soak up the sun, snorkeling, then go to Malacca / Melaka to see the historical places ( see my previous post about Malacca ). Unfortunately haven’t been to Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, Borneo, there are just too many places to visit, but well here’s my favorite place… Cherating Beach - a perfect beach getaway for relaxing, surfing, culinary !! If you haven’t heard about it, it’s the location of Asia’s first Club Med resort, a beach town in Pahang – Malaysia, located about 45 minutes from Kuantan. You can actually fly from Kuala Lumpur to Kuantan or take around 5 hours bus journey from Puduraya bus station in KL to Kuantan / Kemaman, remember to always check the bus schedule.  

Cherating Beach

Cherating Beach

Cherating beach

Cherating Beach

Cherating Beach
                   

Cherating Beach
Under the sun
                     



The girls worked hard taking good photos ;p
Cherating Beach

Speaking about accommodation, since I used to work for a year in Club Med Cherating Beach, I definitely recommend this resort for a perfect place to stay, relaxing, especially if you’re planning to bring your family with you. If you’ve been to Club Med before and know their all inclusive concept  with great staff and fun activities like archery, flying trapeze, rock climbing, sport, mini club, sailing, and different shows every night plus a gorgeous private beach, don’t think you would go anywhere else to stay but Club Med.
But of course Club med isn’t the only resort there, Cherating Beach has some other resorts, guest houses and chalets from price around RM30 – RM150 per night, with local restaurants along the main street and night market sell wide selections of food, another unique experience to try.

Club Med Cherating Beach
Club Med Cherating Beach
Excursion tour to Snake Island. Happy birthday to our beloved Syrella !



Heloise at Snake Island

Cherating beach has been the meeting point for surfers from all over the world, but don’t worry if you don’t surf, you still can go to Snake Island or Pulau Ular, it was pretty nice to hang out there just soak up the sun with great friends. Don’t forget to visit Turtle Sanctuary, even do some batik painting. I would also recommend you to try some delicious Thai dishes at Du Yong restaurant, Little Bali for drinks and karaoke night, and shampoo massage at Kemaman, those were actually things I did in my day off, apart of doing laundry, grocery shopping at East Coast Mall and being lazy on the beach. Working there with a great team for a year was one of my favorite years, too many happy stories to share with you all here, but definitely looking forward to visit Cherating Beach again, perhaps…perhaps…next year ?

KL express with Vitta and Bop




3 comments:

  1. I'm going to cherating over the weekend.. hopefully it is as nice as you describe :)

    Will be going to Little Bali for dinner... and pray that they do not close during hari raya.. if not, i will just dine at the hotel :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had a great experience with this visa service in Vietnam, https://www.greenvisa.io. They were really helpful and helped me manage all my necessary documents. Along with facilitating me get my visa, they were kind enough to arrange a ticket for me as well!

    ReplyDelete