Saturday, July 20, 2013

The Golden Mount, Thailand



     You can completely disagree with my opinion, but I do like Khao San Road area. I know it’s very touristic, but c’mon…I’m talking about the good street food, bars, yes tourists oohh tourists, those small streets and local people that eventually became a very interesting objects photography.  Plus, it takes just couple of minutes walk-distance to see the Democracy Monument, Phra Sumen Fort, Phra Atit road, Santichaiprakarn park ( well nothing really special with the park, but I loved just hanging out there, people watching…you know when you get to see what’s around you just like a mini sitcom on television ), and The Golden Mount…So yeah, Khao San Road is not that bad overall. 
     My second day in Khao San Road, I woke up around 6.00 am. The rooftop pool in D&D Inn was closed and the restaurant served breakfast at 8.30 am, got no choice, I decided to walk around the neighborhood. Gotta explore this place before moving to the city centre this afternoon to see my special people. Good to see Khao San Road street was empty for a while, since I didn’t have any Bangkok map with me - I just ended up walking with no direction. The street signs led me to Phra Atit Road, Santichaiprakarn park, then Phra Arthit pier where you can take the Chao Praya Express Boat to see Grand Palace, Wat Pho, Wat Arun and the city centre. Walking back to Khao San Road, I continued my morning walk to Democracy Monument  then The Golden Mount.
      Located in  344 Avenue Road Emperor Pong Ban Bat. Pom Prap Sattru Phai district, Wat Saket or The Golden Mount opens everyday from 9 am to 5.30 pm, with admission fee THB20. Pretty nice panorama of Rattanakosin from the top of the Golden Mount, was well worth a visit :)


Santichaiprakarn Park

Phra Sumen Fort

Bells at The Golden Mount








No comments:

Post a Comment