Sunday, September 22, 2013

Sydney





   I remember my first day in Sydney, I  had to walk  for an hour from the city central station just to find the YHA Railway, which actually if I was smart enough ( I am, believe me ) , the hostel is located just next to the station, behind the Adina hotel, less than 2 minutes ! My phone was dead, and even though I didn’t sleep well at the airplane, I was sooo wide awake, fully charged, excited to explore this place that has been on my travel bucket list. Except the only problem after walking around the lovely neighborhood at George street and still couldn't find the hostel, this small girl wearing colorful knitwear and boots got  back pain from the heavy backpack that actually looked much bigger than her actual size, and aaah  got this important meeting at 1.30 pm at the ABC Studio at Ultimo Road that I couldn't miss. Saw this Bounce Hotel just in front of Central Station, decided to stay there for one night ( AUD 39 / night for female dorm room ) , quick shower, dressed up nicely then heading up to Ultimo Road. The receptionist lady from Bounce Hotel gave me a direction how to get to the TV station, it wasn't that far so I might make it in 10 minutes . 
    I made it on time to ABC Studio. Met some of the amazing crews, make up artists, even did a short tour to the radio station, news studio, make up room, costume department…It was like a dream came true to see how the crew created a show. The whole building and dynamic work environment just exactly my kind of dream job, a place I wish to explore and develop my skills, creativity, working with incredible team on set. Still working my way for it...
    The excitement of the first day in Sydney continued to a lovely afternoon walk around Darling Harbor. Gotta love clear blue skies, chilly winter, sipping hot coffee and people watching. Back to the Bounce Hotel, do not miss  $1 Aussie hot dogs every Thursday night at the terrace rooftop, a sweet deal you can't miss if you're on budget, even though after that my Argentinian gang took me to China town for another big dinner to celebrate Lolo, Ally and Curtis new jobs in Sydney.
     To be honest I'm glad to visit Australia, knowing there's a lot of good friends in Sydney, Canberra and Melbourne to see. If you plan to stay in the Central, I recommend you to stay with Bounce Hotel or YHA Railway ( $32 / night for dorm room ), only walk distance to the Central station and close to Darling Harbour, Opera House, and many more. Feel free to check out my previous post about Tidbinbilla & Cockatoo Island, stay tuned for more stories and photos from Australia trip..
















YHA Railway Sydney
Fireworks at Darling Harbour
'I Feel Good Today' from YHA Railway Sydney


ABC Studio Ultimo St
Poser !!

No comments:

Post a Comment