Sunday, August 12, 2018

Inle Lake, Myanmar


For most of travelers visiting Inle Lake, Myanmar - this laid-back little town is a perfect stop to relax. While Bagan, Yangon and Mandalay can be extremely hectic, well Inle Lake has its own charm. Obviously people come here to visit Inle Lake and the famous fishermen of Burma, and if you have extra time to explore the town, you can rent a bike and visit winery, monastery, temple and market around Nyaung Shwe. Just don't forget to stop at Inle Pancake Kingdom for french crepe and coffee or lunch at Innlay Hut ( Indian Food House ). 

What to do?

Inle Lake boat tour starts from 15000 kyat. For solo travelers, you'll find many travel agents offering boat tour starting from 5000 kyat per person where you'll share the boat with 5-7 guests. You can choose to explore the lake early in the morning, sunset, or full day trip for 8-9 hours. The tour was pretty fun, it started at 8 am and even though it seems like they only taking you from one shop to another, but if you love photography and taking portraits - I promise you this little paradise has endless objects and beauty to shoot. 

Where to stay?

Ostello Bello Nyaung Shwe is the perfect place to stay if you're on budget, or simply just need a clean bed for a night or two. $9/night for one bed at 4-bed female dormitory room isn't bad at all, plus it's a fantastic place to meet other travelers. The staff also helped me to organize taxi to Heho Airport for 18000 kyat.   

Perhaps my favorite part about Inle Lake, sometimes you don't have to come up with so many plans, research, or itinerary... I found myself extremely happy, peaceful just walking around the streets with my camera. Immersing myself in the beauty of Inle Lake with every second life reminds me how incredibly lucky and blessed I am that I always have more than enough, have always been healthy and most of my dreams came true. 
























































2 comments:

  1. nice article..its amazing...If you Are looking Best Desert Camp in Jaisalmer

    ReplyDelete
  2. I happened to be lucky that my friend couldn't find a date for an event so he generously took me with him, which happened to be one of the best experience for me in recent times. I was lucky enough to see this place. If you get a chance to check these event halls for rent out please do so.

    ReplyDelete