Monday, November 7, 2016

Haarlem, Netherlands

I need to move around a bit. To shuffle my surroundings. To wake up in cities I don't know my way around and have conversations in languages I can't entirely comprehend. There's always this tremendous longing in my heart to be lost, to be someplace else, to be far far away from all of this.


I recently just got back from Europe. I thought after all the progress, small and big victories I made since earlier this year, I deserve a little break. I wanted to celebrate what I've achieved, clear my mind, inspire myself again with the many beautiful colors of life, dream a little bigger and come home with new goals. So I started my little adventure in Amsterdam, then visited little towns like Haarlem, Leiden, the Alsace region in France, Basel, Stuttgart and ended in Milan as usual ( ...just because Italy is always a good idea )  I was tired ( 7 countries in a month ?! Bring it on ! ), but not gonna lie, it was super cool to do different things and explore new places again.

A spontaneous half day trip to Haarlem ( only 15 minutes by train from Amsterdam ) lead me to find not only a windmill, but also bunch of cafes and restaurants with ohh soo delicious cake and coffee.
I found the small old town of Haarlem was really pretty, quiet, just perfect especially if you need a little break from the crowds in Amsterdam.

Aaand there I was...incredibly happy wandering around a strange town under a clear blue sky. Simply immersing myself at the beauty of Haarlem.

Cheers to a life worth celebrating :)












No comments:

Post a Comment