Thursday, November 17, 2016

Leiden, Netherlands...And A Year of Self-Discovery


Feeling all sorts of feels right now ; excitement, loved, lucky, nervous, exhausted, curious, extremely grateful...
I'm going back to the happiest place on earth tomorrow ! YAY ! But to be honest, traveling to the USA tomorrow means more than just a workation. Yes I am so lucky that I was a cast-member, spent a year hanging out with princesses at the Magic Kingdom while I knew so many people including my best friends wanted to go and have this dream vacation with their kids but they just don't have the opportunity yet. How lucky I am, seriously ! Going back to where it all started...Disney World, has been one thing that motivated me every single day to work harder and make it happen, even when things get tough, I will never forget the night where I found myself completely broken into pieces and almost giving up, fell asleep with tears, but I woke up to one email that changed my life forever. I knew that kind of moment when you feel things just fall apart will happen over and over again in your life. That's normal, c'est la vie, but life is also magical and miracles can happen every day even seconds if you believe it. So I chose to believe in the beauty of my dreams. And it was hope, faith, my best friends who made me stronger. The day when I left Orlando, I told myself one day when I finally get through everything and reinvent myself again, I would make my way back home where I learn to fly high... Where's home ? Orlando, Disney World. Right in Asia, at Disney's Animal Kingdom. 


Came back home this evening, I found myself standing in front of the mirror...all I could see was a better version of me. She is stronger, she is whole. Beautiful, sexy, confident, powerful, blessed, obviously always happy and she made it really far. Well, isn't what you tell yourself everyday in the morning that really matters ? 2016 has been a year of self discovery. To start all over again from scratch, to end a relationship with my best friend and chose to go my own way, to learn new things everyday, to finally unpack my bag, to love myself better and dance to my own beat. I vow to live fully in each moment. My Eurotrip last month was also a part of ( err...another ) celebrations : for life has been giving me wonderful things and big opportunities non-stop, a perfect health, huge amount of love, while I look forward each day to make another progress at work  and inspire people, I realized I need to slow down dan take a break. To constantly remind myself to live in appreciation and work on my personal and spiritual development.

I took a half day trip to Leiden after spending some days in Amsterdam. Leiden is best reached by train. Only 30 minutes from Amsterdam - the old city has not only museums, monuments, parks, but also great restaurants and bars ( food...always my highlight ). Sitting in the corner of cafe, sipping my coffee and having a slice of fruit tarts, I asked myself if one day I have a chance to move to the Netherlands, would I consider to live in Leiden ? Yes, definitely yes.  Very laid back, I love how cool and friendly Dutch people are, plus they have tons of Indonesian restaurants...so yepp, I can definitely survive living in the Netherlands. One day, one day.











No comments:

Post a Comment