Thursday, September 5, 2019

Cusco Peru




Cusco is definitely one of my favorite cities in Peru. There are so many things you can do here. From a day trip to Salineras de Maras, Chinchero, the Sacred Valley, Vinicunca Rainbow Mountain to of course Machu Picchu. If you have extra time and craving for adventures, you can go trekking for a few days exploring the Inca Trail, Salkantay Trek and many more. Unfortunately, I had to skip trekking all the way to Machu Picchu this time because honestly I wasn’t prepared and I don’t have any hiking gear with me. But I’d take that as an excuse to come back to Peru. In Cusco town itself, there are a bunch of museums and other places you should visit like Plaza de Armas, my favorite San Blas, market, etc. Trust me even one week in Cusco isn’t enough. 

This country has been nothing short of amazing from day one. I am extremely grateful to be able to visit and experience so many wonderful things I never thought I could in my life. Everywhere you go in Peru, you’d feel the love, kindness, and magic. The other day I was just sitting at the hotel lobby and my security guard suddenly came up to me with a cup of warm eucalyptus. He said eucalyptus is good to keep me warm especially during winter like this. A simple act of kindness that never fails to make me smile and grateful. Being alone in a foreign country is not always easy, but I’m glad I always meet good people. From travelers I met on the bus, to people I went trekking with, hotel staff who made my bed and waitress at Creperia La Bo’m who greet me with smile and know my favorite crepe, all I can say is Peru has stolen my heart and I know one day I’m gonna come back. It feels like as if life taking care of me, but also I do believe good people attract good people and a little kindness does go a long way. 

Where to eat?
Cicciolina ( Peruvian & international ), La Bodega 138 ( Italian ), Creperia La Bo’m ( Crepe ), Kintaro ( Japanese )

Coffee?
Museu Del Cafe, Creperia La Bo’m

Where to stay?
Selina Cusco











No comments:

Post a Comment