Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Tidbinbilla - Australia





    While most people I met always have the same opinion about Canberra is boring, nothing much to do, just roundabout, I actually think Canberra is a pretty nice place, especially in winter time. Plus how lucky I am to get a chance reunited again with my all time favorite couple here, Robin and Tieke Brown ready to show me around Canberra for couple of days.  
    Rob picked me up from the Rex Hotel in the morning and drove me around the city. We’ve got few places to visit today and Spanish food for dinner at Legends Spanish Restaurant at Manuka in the end of the day, sooo excited ! Canberra looked busy in the morning, gentlemen in coat, nice suit and black tie, corporate ladies walked down the street with coffees and professional work attire. I gotta say, lucky all of you  Australian to have beautiful places to live, many parks, gardens, nature and beaches. We sat down for a while at the National Library waiting for Ibu Tieke to finish working, kinda wish my hometown has a library like that so I can sit there for hours to work and read books. 
     The Browns took me to Canberra Deep Space Communication Complex at Tidbinbilla around 40 minutes drive from the city center then we visited Tidbinbilla Nature Reserve. Entrance fee is $10 for day pass private vehicle, experience outstanding wildlife experience, the sanctuary wetlands, jungle walk even picnic on the grass with kangaroos and great BBQ spots. Happy to be away for a while from big city and skyscrapers, driving through the hills and...ah here's my favorite part, sitting at the backseat of the car and watching Rob & Tieke joking, teasing, loving and looking at each other with that deep look of love even after 25 years of marriage.










No comments:

Post a Comment