Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Chiang Mai

The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.


Being incredibly lucky traveling to 17 countries, more than 50 cities for the past 13 months was definitely my highlight of 2015. The whole trip was more than just sightseeing. I learnt to survive, to accept what is, let go of what was, and have faith in my journey. Even most of the times it means living the uncertainty and doing the hard things, but as you keep putting one foot in front of the others, you'll be blown away at just how remarkable you are and just how amazing life can be.

Now flashing back to my first visit to Chiang Mai I did last September 2015. I remember about a year ago I had a dream to continue my South East Asia trip from Bangkok all the way to Chiang Mai, then Laos, Vietnam, Cambodia then back to Bangkok again. It's amazing how everything happened exactly just like I how wanted to be.

Chiang Mai offers more than just stunning nature but also great food and culture. I arrived in the afternoon and decided to stay for 2 nights at Diva Guesthouse, met a sweet girl from Germany and we explored Chiang Mai together from the night market, Doi Suthep, temples, cafes continued to Pai. But if you asked me what I loved best about Chiang Mai, that would be FOOD. I guess it's no longer a secret Thailand has one of the best culinary scenes, including in Chiang Mai where you can find so many cafes and street food. I simply could never get enough of bread thai tea, Khao Soi, obviously I had a lot of Nutella crepes every afternoon and noodle soup ! Life is always so much better when you get to try new dishes, travel with new people, and surrounded by happy Thai people that knows how to appreciate the beauty of life.
















No comments:

Post a Comment