Tuesday, August 20, 2019

To Live and Love Without Fear


I am totally aware of how lucky I am to be able doing things I love, but sometimes you don’t realise how far you’ve come until you open social media and Facebook reminded you what you did this time last year. Last August 2018 I was in Myanmar exploring Inle Lake and Mandalay for 10 days. It was so good to be back in one of my favourite countries, even though funny story I was going through something and I thought the only way to fix it and heal was just simply traveling. Go somewhere, pick up the camera, explore and create. Growth and change can be extremely hard and painful but no matter how bad the situation is, don’t let it bring you down. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. You always have the power to get up and rise again. Carrie Fisher said “take your broken heart, make it into art” , so that’s exactly what I do. There’s nothing more badass than a woman who picks herself up and move on. She put herself first and continue building herself. This is not just about boys but life in general. The next time you find yourself surrounded by people who don’t appreciate what you’ve done or treat you less than what you deserve, you gotta choose yourself and move on. I remember I met bunch of beautiful souls in Myanmar, from a strong woman/mom from Argentina to an independent artist from New York. Surrounded by these strong women and of course beautiful Burmese, I found my strength again. Excited to live and love without fear. Fast-forward almost 12 months later, I don’t think words can explain how travel has helped me mature, grow and embrace change. Also a huge amount of miracles I’ve received every single day ( including the best birthday celebration last June in New York with my favourite human being ) Oh trust me, I still get up every morning and ask myself the same question how did I get so lucky? 






1 comment: